My art exhibit yesterday at the Rutger University Culture
District was very exciting in that I met so many nice people
who attended the event as well as very talented artist.
Thought this event was rescheduled(due to bad weather) for that day, it was
still a good turnout. All of the artist received an Achievement Awards for Participation and Excellence.
I think that the organizers of the event show be awarded for all of their work in planning such an event.
The city of Camden is coming back from events of the pass and the present to build a city that is full of culture, history, and community.
It is the City from which RCA had their headquarters and Cambell Soup CO. had their headquarter and still have business there. It is a city with one of the best hospitals in the world called, Cooper Univesity Hospital. This is the
hospital that saved my life 2 years-ago from an unusual Malignant Mucin Cell and an Ovarian Tumor. I will always be grateful of all of the doctors, nurses, and all auxillary personnel that supported my care and well-being today. I feel blessed to have been in such great care!
Today it is home to a fabulous Aquarium, The Tweeter Center (where entertainment of all sorts and musicians from around the world come to perform), Rutgers University, etc.
The day before the event I had a chance to paint 2 new paintings. I vouch for the paintings to be sunflowers. Sunflowers to bring warmth and sunshine to a street that was to be the festival of the year for all who come and participate.
I want to thank Mr. Larry Miles, who is the coordinator of the Multi-Cultural Arts Festival and who also owns a multicultural and African-American book store called La Unique Books, for organizing such a enjoyable event! Located, 111 North 6th Street, Camden, NJ 08102
e-mail: launiquebooks.com
I want to thank all of his charming assistants and volunteers for all of their help in the program.
There were potato bags to each pole of the tents as this was an outdoor event to make sure the wind don't fly them away. What a great idea, those potatoe bags-that is over sand bags! We all got to take a bag of potatoes with us and make a meal with it; and with the economy as it is, the Irish potatoe famine came to mind.
I hope you support your arts programs in your community.
It is an opportunity to network and make friends.
You can purchase art prints and notecards at:
store.ebay.com/homedecorsandenterprises
Cheers,
google4f79d894cb1cf9e0.html

No comments:
Post a Comment