Hello friends and Family,
We all know about how the Dorian Storm really destroyed much of the area in Abado, Bahamas.
The humanitarian efforts is much appreciated by all who are helping everyday!
We know that together as a global world, that we will get through this. You are not alone I say to all people who have had their lives affected in many of the terrible storms over the years.
I have donated what I could to all of them. When I can't do the direct, donation, I just send a donation to the Bahamas.
I do have a fundraising page on Face book if you can donate to this cause.
I do not agree with this USA President who is requesting the people from Bahamas to have a Visa before coming to USA for humanitarian aide. Most American don't agree with such statements. I am one of them!Hopefully in the next election, we can get in office, someone who has a heart!
With such a Catastrophic disaster, there is not time for politics. Americans who think as I do really has concern of even the thought of not helping people who have lost everythingg. Why can't we take care of documentation later. It is insane to think politics, when people's lives are in jeopardy.
We know that history will tell the story and a lesson will be leaned as of what this time in history is really all about. To do the right thing is a lot easier than to create more confusion and trauma.
United, we can make a better world! It is up to each of us not to be influence by people who are racist and insensitive to human concerns.
If another storm come, now is the time to prepare your "go bag" filled with your personal legal papers and persona items you need to survive for at least 3 days.
Something you might not have thought about is buying a whistle. It could help to find you if you are trapped in a building. Have each of your family member wear one on their body so that it will be accessable. We all can plan now for whatever is coming up with such climate change.
The other thing is for all members of the family wear an ID bracelet so as to identify you if you are not able to speak for yourself the medical support people know. Even if you don't make it, It is important to be counted and that you family members know you were at least recovered. A peace of mind is everything to the people who care about you!
No matter who you are, you deserve to live and be treated with total respect no matter what.
I thank all of those wonderful people in these disasters who have stepped-up and assisted their neighbors, strangers, and families.
by Thelma Harcum/Advocacy One(Pending Organization)
No comments:
Post a Comment