Art Note Cards
I've always enjoyed receiving Art Note Cards. My watercolor teacher, Alice Steer Wilson, AWS (now deceased but her art and spirit lives), gave all her students her art note cards at the end of the watercolor class course. They were so beautiful that I hardly wanted to use them. However, I end up sending them to share the beauty of her artistry with others.
Why are note cards so special?
Well, first of all, it is about the art. When you design them yourself, you get a special satisfaction of accomplishment of creating. Does it have to
be perfect? No, because art is interpreted in the mind of the buyer and creator.
That's why I love the drawing of young children as well as my own.
Children's perception of the world is special onto itself. Through
their artistry, you can get the opportunity to know this special person-
how they think and many times, how they feel.
I had a relative who passed recently and was happy I had my note cards
with me to send something to the family as a condolence. I did not
know if I would be able to attend the funeral or not-I am in recovery from an illness and did not think I could travel the distance. But the idea of
contacting the family and sending them a note card I made was the best I could do.
I keep a little basket of promotional items in my car at all time to post
a business card, a flyer, and sample note cards to give to those individuals I meet. I feel marketing is whereever you are; just be thinking marketing
all the time and it will help you. And, oh, don't forget the stamps-comes in handy for paying a bill on the quick!
Another reason for buying note cards is that you can write your own
expressions in it. How wonderful when a person take the time and express their love or care for you-in their handwriting. We are living in such a technological age, we forget how to make it personal.
If you don't know what to say in writing in a note card, take the time
and write in your special notebook, phrases you would say for a birthday,
for Christmas and other holidays; for a sympathy note, for a get well note and even for a thinking of you note. All said and done, I know that you know that perhaps this will not happen because when you are pressing pen to paper, you will not even look for this list-maybe you will. This will opportune you the time to make your writing personal and of the moment. Storing information like a list of any sort in a designated place(labeled envelops, boxes, notebooks)will surely help you organize better-especially when you have many hobbies or tasks to do.
Note cards can be your stimulus to getting back to writing; perhaps to
write a book or an article. It is the simplicity of anything to make a start!
Perhaps you can make your own art note cards and give them as gifts-but most of all use them yourself! Now that's POWER!!
I have several art note cards and other goodies on my website at stores.ebay.com/homedecorsandenterprises
Cheers!
Thelma Harcum
My Affiliates:

Custom Search

Custom Search

Custom Search
How to Draw What You See (Practical Art Books)
2 comments:
hi thelma,
just wanted to say you're such a talented lady! from art to music and jewellery. i can see that you love what you're doing. keep up the good work!
cheerios!
lisa
Hi Lisa!
Thanks for the compliments.
Have a Great day!
Stay in touch. Just wanted you to know that people are reading and enjoying your beautiful blogger's site. I don't know why people don't leave a comment sometimes.
You might want to add some adsense to your pages. Maybe enough content, you could earn some funds.
It is easy to do from blogger.com.
See you,
Thelma
Post a Comment